Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Malam KaryaONE (Review)

Malam KaryaOne or KaryaOne Gala Night is a night where Faculty of Artistic and Creative Technology with the collaboration of FINAS (Perbadanan Kemajuan Filem Nasional) gives awards to the student for their artwork.

KaryaONE is so much like FFVPM in the core but more like artificially Anugerah Bintang Popular Berita Harian at the outside.

image

There’s a lot of awards in various category. It was held at Dewan Seri Budiman, UiTM Malaysia.

So, I’m going to give some review about Malam KaryaONE.

First thing is the name of the event itself. ‘KaryaONE’. It wasn’t so Pop Culture and it’s quite like old fashioned. Besides, it was ‘perojakan’ or ‘mixing’ and corrupting the Malay or English language.  So, I quite don’t agree with it.

Secondly, is the type of the ceremony. It’s too formal. Many of the students expecting that it would be so popular, glamorous like Anugerah Bintang Popular. P/s: Congratulation to Puan Hanizam Abdullah or Kak Cham because you’ve succeeded to manage ABPBH in right ways and well and I do like the emcees of ABPBH (Raja Azura and Sharifah Shahira). Back to the story, the reality is, KaryaONE night was so ‘Governmental’. I noticed there are several high people from government such as Vice Chancellor, Prof Dr. Ir. Sahol Abdul Hamid, FINAS Director and others were attending this major events. But, do you know that ABPBH also have been attended by high people too: HABIB JEWEL CEO, RAFFLESIA CEO and etc. So, you got the idea right?

Third is the emcees for that night. I know that there was a casting call for the night emcees, but I also do know it was just a gimmick. Slapstick, Boring, Clumsy to whom? I guess you already know. On that night, I’m expecting two woman emcees, just like ABPBH, who superbs, glamorous, ‘kecoh kepoh’  will comes out but the emcees for that night is just the same as SPELL-IT-RIGHT Programme emcees, RTM and so on. AND THEY FORGET TO PROMOTE THE SPONSORS FOR THE NIGHT AND ANNOUNCED THE PRIZES AT THE BEGINNING. One more thing, that girl emcees seems like don’t have to be the emcees for that night because we’re annoyed, malfunctioned at front.

Forth is RED CARPET. We know we are still student in status, we should use the student’s pathways (BACKDOOR). But, if we analyze back. The night is made for US, not for other peoples. The theme was Glamour and the point for student to wear glamour for the night is RED CARPET. And they don’t get any RED CARPET. They sit in the hall, they watch the event, they waited for the bus for going home, and then they go home and wash all the make up.

MCPs – ekkkk…… but still people can understand the technical problem they had at that night. because we know they are still students. But, did you notice, the camera movement when the red carpets is just like unsmooth MELODI TV3 camera? I mean when NAS AHMAD TERJAH2  CELEBRITIES. As I know, Red Carpet’s is professionally static. The camera don’t swing like ‘MELODI’, ‘GALAKSI’, ‘CHOPP’ TV programme.  Ah, I don’t know thing about camera works.

JUDGING PROCESS? Today, I just know a case where the judge don’t know to categorize a film made by the students. Based on what my friend has said to me, the story quite good and ‘gempak’. But, the problem is the judges don’t know whether the film should be put in Experimental or Short Films. And they disqualified it from joined the KaryaONE. I see it so unprofessionally done. And I don’t know and confused about that.

MUSICS? BEST for the Performance Shows but not good when it’s comes for awards-taking background music. I’m again expecting epic music score but the night gives cartoonized music score. Ala… nak menangis tengok orang amik award.

Artistic Writing Students? Urmm no comment.

I think there’s a lot of thing to say but I just don’t remember but Malam KaryaONE is quite succeed for the night and our beloved Vice Chancellor quite impress by our job. Well Done KaryaONE TEAM. And before I forget, I’m so impressed with the sets.

All in all, at the beginner stage, KARYAONE TEAM DOING QUITE A WELL JOB

I thinks that’s all for the post and talk to me if there any question or comment related to this post Smile

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com